A seasoned litigator Anupam is stationed at D&D branch in Chittagong, the second largest and the port city of Bangladesh, and looks after admiralty matters and commercial litigations at Chittagong Court. He is also very much busy with a large number of contentious and non-contentious matters at Chittagong Port. He regualrly advises clients in a range of matters encopassing civil, criminal and commercial disputes. Maritime, shipping and Cutoms laws are his other stressed areas and he takes care of a large number of corporate clients in this respect. Some transactional work highlights are provided below:
- Acting for BNP Paribas in a large scale banking lawsuit in the Bangladesh courts.
- Acted for Cargill in a dispute on the issue of legal capacity for enforcement of an arbitration award in the Bangladesh courts.
- Acted for Sabah Shipyard for a dispute over the ownership of the Westmont Barge Mounted Power Plant.
- Acting for Alteco Chemicals in a number of anti-infringement lawsuits in Chittagong Courts
- Acting in enforcement of an arbitral award on behalf of MAN Industries, India.
- Acted in a large number of admiralty law suits for clients like SV Marine Co., Burmah Cantrol, Trust Marine Enterprise etc.
A seasoned litigator Joy is an advocate of the Supreme Court of Bangladesh with dual qualification for US Courts accredited by a Juris Doctor. He shares his pratice in Bangladesh and the United States. He also heads the firsm's representative office in the United States. He regualrly advises clients in a range of matters encopassing civil, intellectual property and commercial disputes. Customs, trademark and patent laws are his other stressed areas and he takes care of a large number of corporate clients in this respect.
Dual qualified Mr. Rahman splits his practive between UK and Bangladesh. He has extensive experience in Public Private Project structuring, transaction advisory, public private infrastructure advosiry facility and project financing. He has also acted in a number of public and public rivate projects especially in legal risk asessment of the project documentation and mitigation for range of stakeholders such as sponsors, lenders, export guarantors, off-takers, EPC contractors and so on. Some transactional work highlights are provided below:
- Attended a substantial number of arbitrations representing clients like Gulf Airways, Hyundai, etc.
- Acted for China Development Bank in risk assessment of a number of toll road projects including First Dhaka Elevanted Expressway
- Acted in a number of projects in project risk assessment for Eoropean Investment Bank including Bangladesh Power Energy Efficiency Project and South Asia Subregional Economic Cooperation Road etc.
- Acted for Sinosure in project risk assessment of Barisal coal fired power plant in Bangladesh
- Actively participated in the D&D team in finalizing the project template documents for all sorts of projects and borrowers for the operationalization of two IDA credit windows for SAARC Development Fund
- Advised the offtaker Bangladesh Power Development Board in project development of Teesta 200MW Solar Park
- Acted in a large number of important litigations for clients like Tristar, UM Motorcycles and so on