In Bangladesh public procurement is dine under the Public Procurement Act, 2006 and the Public Procurement Rules, 2008. D&D has been extensively advising the various stakeholders in such public procurement method under national and internatinal procurement with different modalities such as one stage procurement, two stage procurement, direct procurement, RFQ method etc. It has also been advising on relevant anti corruptions and agent authority matters which form very aspect in such public procurement matters. The firm acts for the Government, the suppliers and the financiers in such procurement matters.
With extensive practice in infrastructure sectors such as power. telecommunication, information technology and natural resources as outlined under relevant practice areas the firm is also very mch active in defence procurements. Some major matters undertaken are as follows:
- Advised Leonardo in a number of Government procurement matters
- Acted for BAE Plc., UK for defence, military and non-military contracts in Bangladesh
- Acted as local counsel for BAE Systems National Security Solutions Inc., USA in appointment of local distributors for supply and bidding in different Govt. and non-Govt. projects
- Advised SELEX Sensors and Airborne Systems in Govt. supply contracts
- Advised Gulf Petrochemical on unauthorized offences by agent in public bidding
- We advise General Electric and Aercape on aircraft contracts with the Bangladesh Govt.
- Advises a number of Chinese firms in supply of defence equipents
- Advised Intersistemi and Tempestini in defence contracts
- Advised Ayesa in security equipment supply contracts
- Advises UK Export Finance in financing UK exporters especially in defence procurements