Although all unlisted companies are undertood to be supported by private equity in Bangladesh, formal provate equity venture capital was introduced by Bangladesh Regulator in 2015 through the Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission (Alternative Investment) Rules, 2015. Since then the firm has been advising in a number of venture capital fund formations. Howeverm given this is a new concept, the application has been limited.
The firm also has extensive experience in private equity injection in form of "Private Investment in Public Equity (PIPE)" transation in listed companies. Two recent examples are as follows:"
- Global Emerging Markets (GEM) Inc. – D&D worked for GEM in its Private Investment in Public Equity (PIPE) transaction with Beximco Ltd., a listed public company in Bangladesh
- Global Emerging Markets (GEM) Inc. – D&D worked for GEM in its Private Investment in Public Equity (PIPE) transaction with Bangladesh Thai Ltd., a listed public company in Bangladesh
In addition, the firm advises on straightforward registrations, incorporation, contractual matters and uncomplicated ventures through to complex investment projects, finance, M&A and corporate restructurings involving private equities.
Some recent important projects the firm has worked on in Bangladesh include:
- Manufacturing Sector: Whirlpool, USA - Home appliance Manufacturing Project under joint venture
- Manufacturing Sector: PepsiCo, USA - Food Product Manufacturing Project under joint venture
- Manufacturing Sector: Double Star, PRC - Tire Manufacturing Project
- Manufacturing Sector: Lixil, Japan - Sanitary-ware Manufacturing Project under Joint Venture
- Manufacturing Sector: PEB Steel, Vietnam - steel manufacturing Project
- Manufacturing Sector: Hanzee, Korea - paper manufacturing plant at export processing zone
- Manufacturing Sector: LG, Korea - SKD Plant under a joint venture
- Manufacturing Sector: Hisense, PRC - SKD Plant under a joint venture
- Manufacturing Sector: Baleno, UAE - Garments Manufacturing plant
- Manufacturing Sector: Maxim, PRC - Garments Accessories Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Sector: Hatero, UAE - Cancer production under joint venture
- Manufacturing Sector: AB Foods, UK – Health drink manufacturing Industry
- Service Sector Sector: Nokia, Finland - Service center
- Service Sector Sector: Gates Foundation, USA – large investment in Mobile Banking
- Service Sector: Sinopec, PRC - petroleum service sector
- Service Sector: Logistics & freight forwarding
- Service Sector: Petrostar, PRC - petroleum service sector
In addition, the firm also acts in FDIs in form of mergers & acquisitions, public private parnership and in other forms. Please click below to see details.